Have You Suffered a Rocklin Swimming Pool Injury?
Swimming is supposed to be a carefree, enjoyable activity. It often conjures up images of lazy summer days floating in the pool or idyllic times relaxing on the beach. But what happens if you or a loved one is victim to a Rocklin swimming pool injury?
Swimming pool injuries are one of the most common causes of serious injury and death in the United States each year. They happen most often in home swimming pools. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 5,000 children every year are hospitalized from drownings and about 20 percent of them suffer permanent neurological damage. Although owners of public pools have a duty to ensure the safety of their users, all it takes is one second for an adult to look away, and for a child to drown.
Swimming pool injuries can be caused by the following:
- Malfunctioning pool equipment
- Inadequate supervision by lifeguards or adults
- Diving in shallow areas
- Swimming pools that do not meet current safety standards
- Barriers around a pool that are flimsy or not well constructed
The consequences of a swimming pool injury can be devastating and can include traumatic brain injury, concussions, spinal cord injuries, and other physical, cognitive, and emotional effects.
A Rocklin swimming pool injury can cause great emotional, financial, and physical distress for you, your family members, and friends. It can feel immensely emotionally draining to have your carefree swimming day reduced to the horror of a swimming pool accident. An accident can be especially devastating if the victim was the primary provider for his or her family or was a child. But personal injury lawyers in Rocklin, California want to help you. Whether your swimming accident happened near Quarry Park or Granite Oaks Middle School, our personal injury lawyers can help you make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you know suffers from a Rocklin swimming pool injury, you should follow these steps:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Collect as much information as possible about the place where the injury occurred, the company involved, any physical or emotional signs of injury, and any witnesses to the injury. These will be helpful to file a claim with your insurance company later on.
- Document the injury with photos or other physical evidence.
- Contact a Rocklin personal injury attorney. We can provide you with a free consultation and case evaluation, and we can help you figure out a fair and full compensation for your injury. If a family member died in such a Rocklin swimming pool injury, we can even help you go through the process of filing a wrongful death claim on behalf of your family member.
Remember: We are here to help you or your family member get the compensation you deserve!