Aviation Accident ATTORNEYS
For the last decade, the United States has had an average of about 1,200 general aviation accidents per year. The vast majority of these accidents involve small planes. Commercial airline accidents are much more rare, averaging about 30 per year.
However, any aviation accident, regardless of the circumstances, can result in serious injuries to passengers, pilots, and crew. We work tirelessly to help clients determine liability and pursue compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, and loss of ability to work. We have successfully represented both passengers and crew members involved in commercial and general aviation accidents. We can help you pursue a claim involving a private airplane, small airplane, commercial airliner, private jet, corporate airplane, or helicopter.
- You can afford our services
- We can help you pursue an injury claim resulting from many type of aircraft
- What can cause an aviation accident?
- Who may be held liable for aviation accidents?
- We are here to help you recover financial damages
- The attorneys at Penney & Associates are prepared to help you win
YOU CAN AFFORD OUR LEGAL SERVICES
At Penney & Associates, we understand the challenges that victims of an aviation accident face. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, which means we are paid only after you win the compensation you deserve.
Aviation accidents can and do occur—the unfortunate reality is that airplanes and helicopters offer occupants little protection in the event of an accident.
No matter the severity of the crash, an aviation accident can cause anywhere from a minor to potentially life-threatening injury. A more serious accident may result in broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries. In such cases, recovery can take time and hospital bills may pile up—both of which only make recovery more difficult for you and your family.
The attorneys at Penney & Associates are here for you. We will learn the facts of your case and make it our goal to earn you injury compensation.
We can help you pursue an injury claim resulting from many types of aircraft.
Injury claims due to aviation accidents can arise from many types of aircraft. We can help you pursue compensation for an injury caused by an accident while in a:
- Commercial aircraft
- General aviation (private) aircraft
- Hot air balloon
- And other aircraft
Read our blog posts below to learn more about this area of personal injury law, and how it affects your rights as an injury victim.
How Safe Are Air Sports?
Flight Cancellation Refunds: How To Get Your Money Back
Hot Air Balloon Accidents Are Rare But Often Serious
What are potential causes of an aviation accident?
Aviation crew and passengers face unique risks, and because of this, accidents have a greater potential to cause serious injury compared to other forms of travel.
The question is, of the accidents that do occur, what are the causes?
- Pilot Error: All types of airplanes and helicopters are difficult machines to pilot—this is why both recreational and commercial pilots must take classes and have dozens or hundreds of hours of flight time before becoming a certified pilot. Still, just like drivers, pilots make mistakes that lead to accidents. Around 60% of aviation crashes occur due to pilot error.
- Mechanical Failure: Mechanic failure accounts for around 20% of all aviation crashes. Types of mechanical failure include engine failure, electrical systems failure, and even design flaws.
- Weather: Airplanes and helicopters can take flight in inclement weather, but severely bad weather can make flying more dangerous and lead to accidents. Unfortunately, pilots may be caught off guard by unforecasted storms or other weather events.
Other incidents that can cause an accident include bird strikes, severe turbulence, poor visibility, and improper communication with ground control.
Who may be held liable?
Depending on the circumstances of your aviation accident, you may be able to hold the pilot, airliner, or even aircraft manufacturer liable.
As in all personal injury cases, we set out to determine who is at fault. That is why the attorneys at Penney & Associates work diligently to learn the facts of your case—we seek to determine on what type of aircraft the accident occurred, why the accident occurred, when the accident occurred, and so on. All factors are relevant.
Liability may be fully or partially assigned to any of the following:
- Commercial airliner
- Owner/operator of private aircraft
- Manufacturer of the airplane or helicopter
- Manufacturer of parts of the airplane or helicopter
- Pilot of the aircraft
- Federal government, including the Federal Aviation Administration
In California, civil lawsuits have a statute of limitations. Waiting too long to file a suit means you may never recover damages. If you are injured in an aviation accident, contact us immediately. We will get to work helping you get injury compensation from the liable party (or parties).
We are here to help you recover financial damages that resulted from your injuries.
Injury victims have the right to file a claim against the person(s) or entity liable for their aviation-related injuries. Winning a personal injury claim may result in compensation for the following:
- Medical Costs: Medical care for injuries caused by the accident may be the focal point of your case. These costs are often partially or fully awarded to plaintiffs as part of a settlement.
- Pain and suffering: You may be entitled to compensation arising from pain and suffering brought about by your injury. Such pain and suffering may include emotional distress, mental anguish, or other intangible effects resulting from you or a loved one's injury.
- Lost wages: Injuries caused by an aviation accident may prevent you from working. In such cases, you may be able to pursue a lost wage claim as part of your claim.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one died due to a plane or helicopter crash, surviving family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the liable party or parties. You may earn compensation for damages relating to loss of consortium or inheritance.
Our experienced attorneys take all factors into account. We know each case is unique, and we set out to obtain the best possible result for you.
If you have been injured in an aviation accident and want experienced legal representation, contact Penney & Associates today.
The attorneys at Penney & Associates are prepared to help you win a fair settlement.
Whether your injuries are minor or severe, you may be entitled to compensation. Reach out to the experienced lawyers at Penney & Associates today to start the process of filing your claim. Get on the road to recovery, with the peace of mind you and your family deserve.