Rocklin, which has a panoramic view of the Sierra Nevada mountains, is one of the fastest growing cities in California – between 2000 and 2014 its population grew by almost 65%. It is easy to see why – Rocklin is a great place to live, work, raise a family and operate a business. The population of just over 55,000 is racially diverse; it is made up of white Americans, black Americans, Native Americans, Asians and even Polynesians. The city’s economy has changed over time – before 2004, the main activity was granite mining but today, most residents of the city work for the Educational Media Foundation and 2 main colleges. Other employers include a manufacturer of solar panels, restaurants and several small businesses in the area.
Rocklin, CA, is a great place to raise a family because it has a number of excellent elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high schools and 2 good colleges. In fact, it is home to the well known William Jessup University. Its climate is like most California cities – it gets cold, wet winters and hot, dry summers. Transportation is also excellent – Interstate 80 and Route 65 pass through it and there is an Amtrak station. There are a number of great parks as well as entertainment spots for families and single people. Because Rocklin is growing so fast it isn’t hard to get a job there.
The increasing population has seen a growing number of personal injury attorneys. These are attorneys who represent people who have been injured either through the negligence or wrongful acts of another individual a business or even a government institution. Many people are not sure when they should hire a personal injury attorney. The circumstances dictate when one is necessary. If you have been in a car accident, for example, and the other driver is at fault and you are not injured, you may not need to seek the help of a personal injury lawyer – you can go directly to the other driver’s insurance company and get compensation. It is important to note, however, that insurance companies are very good at dodging claims – they will do whatever it takes to ensure that they pay our as little as possible and they also tend to delay compensation. If you find yourself being treated this way you can easily get compensation if you hire a personal injury lawyer.
The question then becomes when you should hire a personal injury attorney. Although there are 5 circumstances when you should hire a personal injury attorney, it is important to note that you should not tie yourself to these – each case is different and if you are not sure, it is best to find a lawyer and ask them if you can sue for compensation. So what are the 5 circumstances when you should hire a personal injury lawyer?
1. When you have injuries that cause disability – if you get into an accident that affects the quality of your life and renders you unable to work you should sue the negligent party for damages. They will compensate you for the amounts you spend on treatment, lost income and other associated expenses.
2. If you are severely injured as a result of negligence or wrongful acts of another party you should sue for compensation. Note that the injury doesn’t necessarily have to affect your ability to work. The severity of your injuries will be determined by things like how long you spend in hospital, how much you spend on treatment, what the doctor has to say about your injuries and so on.
3. Malpractice also qualifies you to sue for compensation – if a doctor or any of the staff in a treatment center does anything that endangers your health you can sue them for compensation.
4. Exposure to toxins also qualifies you to sue. These types of cases are usually class action suits because most times, exposure happens to multiple parties at the same time.
5. If anyone does anything that causes you psychological harm such as depression, anxiety or even loneliness you can sue them for compensation.
It is important to note that is all personal injury cases you cannot win your suit if you cannot prove beyond doubt that the defendant was at fault. You will need witnesses, documentation, police reports and sometimes even investigators.
Qualities of a good personal injury lawyer
If you search for personal injury lawyers in Rocklin, CA, you will find that there are so many of them that it can be quite hard to choose between them. To make it easier for you we have some tips on what you should be looking for:
• They should have successfully handled a few cases similar to yours in the past 12 months – if you are looking for a Rocklin, CA personal injury lawyer for a slip and fall case, for instance, the one that you hire should have handled some slip and fall cases in the recent past.
• Look for a lawyer who has the right credentials – check where the lawyer you hire went to university – there are some who get to be lawyers by attending backdoor schools.
• You should hire a lawyer only if you feel you can communicate freely with them – in personal injury cases you need to provide information, even the embarrassing kind. They should also be able to explain things to you very clearly.
• Hire a lawyer who has a good reputation – if they are known for underhanded methods they may cost you your case.
Are there any recommended Rocklin, CA personal injury lawyers?
As a matter of fact, we recommend that you go to Penney and Associates if you have a personal injury case. They are known for getting clients what they want – whether it’s something as simple as a car accident or more serious stuff such as class action suits, they have the necessary experience to ensure that you get compensation. They are also known for their professionalism and fast results. You can find out more by calling Penney and Associates on (916) 786-7662 or visiting their website, www.penneylawyers.com.